Make Downtime Productive Time With a Pawn Education Course
- Certified Pawn Professional modules offered as stand-alone training courses to all pawnbrokers
- One free module each year for NPA members or can be purchased by all pawnbrokers
The NPA Board of Directors and NPA membership committee have made the decision to offer the Certified Pawn Professional modules as stand-alone training courses to pawnbrokers. All NPA members will receive one free module each year upon joining or renewing their membership. This new benefit was scheduled to be announced at Pawn Expo in June, along with a seminar, but due to the current coronavirus crisis, it is being rolled out early.
These modules, valued at $500, can be used as reference guides, refresher courses, or as training tools for you and your employees. Each module includes a workbook, a facilitator’s PowerPoint, and an exam with an answer key. Additional modules can be purchased for $399 each, or all six can be purchased for $1999.
Available modules include:
- Store Operations – The expectations of how your employees operate and represent your business are determined by your store operations practices, such as ethics, store appearance, security, and other day-to-day operations which directly impact the customer experience and your bottom line.
- Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations – These three areas are closely connected requiring a variety of strategies to remain effective and successfully support the organization. A marketing plan, media preparation, use of technology, and community participation are important for a well-rounded plan leading to success.
- Human Resources – Human resources play a critical role in handling the employee focused activities of a company and in driving the company’s overall strategy and success. With the constantly changing employment environment, businesses must have a strong human resources strategy to survive.
- Federal Regulations – 15 primary federal statutes and regulations govern pawnbrokers and pawn transactions, including the customer protection and anti-money laundering laws. There are also many state and local regulations that apply to pawnbrokers and/or dealers in precious metals based on where the business provides its services and the services provided. Not complying can lead to criminal and/or civil penalties, which can be significant.
- Product Knowledge – The more you know about a product, the more successful you will be when deciding to buy or loan on an item. The ability to evaluate and understand products and how to use them is the key to every successful pawn store.
- Security, Risk, and Crisis Management – Pawnbrokers typically handle cash, firearms, jewelry, precious metals, power tools, high-end electronics, vehicles, as well as luxury items. Check cashing and onsite ATMs serve to increase risk, so it is crucial that pawnbrokers have a clear understanding of how they can combat these threats.
To order your free module, send an email to Info@NationalPawnbrokers.org with the name of the module you would like. If you wish to purchase additional modules, we will invoice you – or you can pay now with a credit card.
Anti-Money Laundering Online Training Course
Pawnbrokers can also take NPA’s online Anti-Money Laundering (AML) training course to learn the fundamentals of anti-money laundering as it pertains to the Pawnbroker and Dealers of Precious Metals industries. Learn to identify potential money laundering schemes using true-to-life situations. This course has been crafted by an industry expert in anti-money laundering and meets federal requirements for training.
The course is available to NPA members for $29.95 per person. There is a 10% discount for companies who register five or more. Click for more information.