We, the members of the National Pawnbrokers Association, having committed ourselves to contributing to the professional and personal development of member pawnbrokers; advocating pawnbroker rights and responsibilities; and enhancing and promoting a positive and professional image to the public, do hereby adopt and embrace the following Code of Ethics:
Pawnbroker Code of Ethics
Each member must:
- Strive to conduct their business in such a manner as to enhance and promote the positive and professional image of all pawnbrokers.
- Maintain their place of business and its operation in a manner that will reflect distinction and professionalism of the pawn industry.
- Transact business with customers and the general public in an honest, forthright manner, making service with integrity a constant goal.
- Engage in fair and vigorous competition to stimulate the continued growth and evolution of the pawn industry.
- Obey all laws enacted by the local, state, and federal government and assist in the prosecution of those who do not.
- Strive to establish positive and long-lasting relations with local, state, and federal government officials.
- Maintain a united commitment to respect and protect the constitutional rights and the financial well-being of Association members and their customers.
- Assist the National Pawnbrokers Association in promoting a positive image of the profession.
- Promote the Association to potential new members and provide assistance to the Association in its efforts to increase membership.
- Assist the Association as requested in its day-to-day operations, participate in its annual elections, and cooperate in special projects and investigations.
- Endeavor to maintain a financial commitment to the Association.
- Align with the policies and procedures of the Association in a manner conducive to the benefit and welfare of the Association, its members, and their customers.